Tuesday, November 29, 2016

My Derby Wife: Kid Vicious!

Omg omg omg, I am SUPER excited to FINALLY get to this particular blog entry!  Why?  Because it features my derby wife, Kid Vicious!  

*MUPPET ARMS!!!*
Kid and I (and our other derby wife, retired skater, Hitty Hitty Bang Bang <3) knew each other for a bit before we started skating because we worked together.  And experiencing the trials, tribulations and triumphs of Fresh Meat brought us so much closer together.  And that was really for the best considering that between work and derby, we spent more time with each other than without ;)

Now Kid is legitimately a very special little snowflake in that I've never ever really met anyone quite like her, and I'm not sure that I ever will again.  If you asked her for he favorite color, it would have be to rainbow.  Favorite animal?  SHE LOVES THEM AAAAALLLL!  Also maybe unicorns.

And turtles.  And cats.  And ferrets.  And snakes.  And puppies.  And--well you get the idea.  

No, but seriously, she is wonderfully quirky and bubbly.  A passionately well-read hippie weirdo who is ever so lovely and loving.  In her eyes, the ridiculous is ridiculously joyful.  Her head remains up in the clouds at all times, but her feet are firmly rooted in the earth (barefoot no less).  And science.  Because she really f*(&#%!  loves science.  And she probably knows more about your favorite nerdy fandom than you do.   And last, but not least, though her real name suggests it, it is definitely not a reference to Australia.  Which is a shame, really, because everything is better with an Australian.  

Yeah, I realize that most of that jibberjabber doesn't make much sense.  Unless you know her.  Then it makes perfect sense.  

Anyway, enough of this gooey love-fest!  It's time to show you her drawing!  




Remember how I said that Kid loves rainbows?  Yeah, she actually owns those rainbow tights in the drawing.  And her hair has been all sorts of beautiful shades of the rainbow over the years...Including AT HER WEDDING.  

Seriously.  Freaking Majestic.

Actually, even in the drawing itself, the rainbow hair was the most fun to do.  If only there wasn't a helmet covering so dang much of it, haha.  



I left off the logo, but I'm pretty sure most derby people can
easily tell which  brand these knee pads are ;) 

See?  I told you!  Practically everybody had these skates!
Including me!


Both Kid and Viral Temptryss, who was featured in the last blog post, actually shared the limelight on the same bout poster back in 2013.

Omg, 2013.  I am like 3 years overdue in posting this...

...I am really bad at this.

Now, I am sad to say that Kid and I no longer play for the same league.  She moved back up to Minnesota last year in order to settle down out there.  And get married and junk.  Ya know, grown up stuff.  So while it does make me super sad that I don't get to see her rainbowy goodness all the time, I am happy knowing that it's for all the right reasons.  The best reasons!

Besides, though she may now be legally married, she's still derby-married to me ;)  

LOOOVE YOU, WIIIIIIIIFE <3


No comments:

Post a Comment